Build Peace 2021 is co-organized by Build Up and the Bertha Centre at the UCT Graduate School of Business.
Build Peace 2021 will take place on October 18 – 24, 2021 on a virtual platform. Some conference sessions will also take place in person at Philippi Village in Cape Town, South Africa, and livestreamed to the virtual conference. Sessions with in-person options are detailed in the conference program.
We will be sharing details of how to access the platform here once they are available.
In September, we will also post travel advice for anyone wishing to attend in person. Please note that the conference organizers cannot support any travel arrangements.
There are five types of session available on the platform:
- Plenary sessions will be livestreamed on the conference Main Stage. This will include keynotes, panels, short talks and evening performances.
- Workshops will be interactive video conference sessions, each one has a different format explained in their description. You must register to attend these (up to 30 participants are allowed per workshop).
- Networking events are online meet-ups where you will be paired with one other participant for a few minutes, then move on to someone else — kind of like speed-dating. You must register to attend these.
- Expo booths will be available for viewing throughout the conference, showcasing products, projects and art related to the conference theme. You can pop in at any time to view the content, and there will be pre-designated times to chat with exhibitors.
- The Unconference will be a space where any participant can offer to lead a session (guidelines on how to propose and run sessions are on the platform).
What is Build Peace?
Build Peace explores emergent challenges to peace in a digital era, and peacebuilding innovations to address these challenges. We hold an inter-disciplinary space and address different topics every year. How to build peace? Join us to chart the future.